Re: Re: Constraints to parameters in FindFit?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51246] Re: [mg51227] Re: Constraints to parameters in FindFit?
  • From: "Janos D. Pinter" <jdpinter at>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:57:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Jill et al.,

In general, you do need global optimization to solve constrained model
calibration problems.

In the monograph,0,4-0-22-33656158-0,0.html?
I discuss several related case studies. The short tutorial book includes a demo
example that is [sounds] very similar to Jill's model. Please also see
e.g., Globally optimized calibration of nonlinear models: techniques,
software, and applications. Optimization Methods and Software 18 (2003) (3)

Janos Pinter