One quesiton about Combinatorica

I have a few point in 2-dimension.
(3,0),(2,8),(1,5),(4,5)

I want to find the ShortestPathSpanningTree and the sum of edges'
weights of this spanning tree. Could you tell me how to generated a
graph with all vertex on grids? The distance between two vertices are
difined  in terms of Manhattan distance.

Here is a simple example in Combinatorica's tutorial, but I don't know
what function can substitute the function GridGraph.
ShowGraph[ShortestPathSpanningTree[GridGraph[5, 5], 1]];

Peng