Stats Pack and LocationReport

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51335] Stats Pack and LocationReport
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Everyone,

Never know what I'm wrong...

I loaded the stats pack as

<< Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics`

I can compute various univariate statistics as

Mean[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]]

Median[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]]

Variance[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]],

where I am referring to a portion of one column of matrix X.

But LocationReport[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]] and DisxpersionReport[.]
do not work.  They simply return a listing of my data.  What am I doing
wrong?

	Greg