Stats Pack and LocationReport

Hello Everyone,

Never know what I'm wrong...

I loaded the stats pack as

<< Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics`

I can compute various univariate statistics as

Mean[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]]

Median[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]]

Variance[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]],

where I am referring to a portion of one column of matrix X.

But LocationReport[Take[X, {t0, t1}, {6, 6}]] and DisxpersionReport[.]
do not work.  They simply return a listing of my data.  What am I doing
wrong?

	Greg