Re: Showing Complete Solution.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51357] Re: [mg51297] Showing Complete Solution.
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:46:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I don't think it's possible to see the intermediate steps for these
functions (Integrate and Limit) in Mathematica. It's all programmed in C and
the methods used would probably not be informative to general users. (They
might be informative to a real expert who had some problem in a specific
case.) The methods are generally not the ones taught in undergraduate
calculus books.

If you are using Mathematica to teach or learn basic calculus, then it is
possible to bypass these routines, use intermediate derivation steps and
perhaps apply the routines only when you get to simple basic forms.

David Park
djmp at

From: JoeAley2003 [mailto:joealey2003 at]
To: mathgroup at

Hi all...

 I need to watch the entire solution of integrates and other functions like

 Just the answer is not all. I need the path too.

 I am using Mathematica 5.

 Someone could help???