Re: FilledPlot Sideways?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51355] Re: [mg51339] FilledPlot Sideways?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:45:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

One method for doing this is to use the DrawGraphics package from my web
site below. The Draw statements generate the primitive graphics (Line,
Polygon etc.) and then DrawingTransform can be used to transform these
objects. In this case we just switch the x and y coordinates.

    {FilledDraw[x^2, {x, -2, 2}] /. DrawingTransform[#2 &, #1 &]},
    AspectRatio -> Automatic,
    Axes -> True];

If more general transformations are used, it may be necessary to use
FineGrainPolygons and FineGrainLines so the straight edges will bend
properly with the transformation.

David Park
djmp at

From: Tom Aldenberg [mailto:Tom.Aldenberg at]
To: mathgroup at

How can I make FilledPlots sideways?

So I want the equivalent of FilledPlot [x^2, {x,-2,2}], but with the axes
The curve is something like ParametricPlot[{x^2, x}, {x,-2,2}]. How to do
the shading?

Tom Aldenberg