Re: Save a graphic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51411] Re: Save a graphic
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 04:20:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <cknubs$60b$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:

> Use Put (>>) directly on your plot. Then you may recover it later with Get
> (<<) and plot it again with Show. For example,
>
> In[1]:=
> g = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}];
>
> In[2]:=
> g >> "savedPlot";

If there's a memory overflow problem involved, will ">>" release the
memory used by g? -- or should he also add

    In[3]:=
    Clear[g]

or even

    Remove[g]

Which would be preferred?

And I assume he could use something like

    g >> "savedPlot"<>ToString[kkk]

to assign a notebook-generated serial number kkk to each saved plot?