Why is there a listing for the asymptotic expansion for generalized laguerre polynomials at the wolfram sites

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51501] Why is there a listing for the asymptotic expansion for generalized laguerre polynomials at the wolfram sites
  • From: "Jim" <jramberg at stars[dot].sf[dot]su.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:21:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Mathematica users:
    I was hoping that maybe some people might enlighten me why there is an
asymptotic series expansion for generalized Laguerre Polynomials listed in :

http://functions.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunctions/LaguerreL3General/06/02/

But when I use FunctionAdvisor in another system; an error is returned.

    > FunctionAdvisor(asymptotic_expansion,LaguerreL(n,m,x));
    The system is unable to compute the "asymptotic_expansion" for
LaguerreL(n,m,x)