Re: MultipleListPlot without any Point Shape, only with line made by PlotJoined -> True

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51510] Re: MultipleListPlot without any Point Shape, only with line made by PlotJoined -> True
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:21:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 10/19/04 at 2:56 AM, NONfoiceSPAMMARE at tiscalinet.it (foice)
wrote:

>Using  PlotJoined -> True into the MultipleListPlot you can have a
>line between the points of your list. And it's a very nice feature
>to use, but when you have something like 1000 point in Plot, and
>specially if they are very close to each other, you risk to not see
>the line joining the points beacuse of the Symbols used to draw the
>points in the list. How can I turn off the point marker drawing?
>This naturally happen using ListPlot. In ListPlot when you activate
>the PointJoined option the point's shape automatically turn off and
>you have only a line.  I'd like to have the same result with
>MultipleListPlot because I'm goind to use different colors for
>different data sets.

For this I would use ListPlot and MapThread within a Block statement rather than MultipleListPlot. For example, look at:

Show[
  Block[{$DisplayFunction = Identity},
    MapThread[
      ListPlot[#1, PlotJoined -> True, PlotStyle -> #2]&,
      {{Range[1000]/100 + Table[Random[Real, {0, 1}], {1000}],
        Range[1000]/200 + Table[Random[Real, {0, 1}], {1000}]},
       {GrayLevel[0], Hue[0]}}]],
   PlotRange -> All];