Problems with typeset expression on SuSE Linux 9.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51528] Problems with typeset expression on SuSE Linux 9.1
- From: "xideum" <xideum at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Complaints-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
After a flawless installation and fixing the well-known "delete-key" error, I started running Mathematica 5 on my Linux laptop (locally -- not remotely). Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to display anything other than pure-text input/output. The notebook won't let me use backspace or delete either; it just displays an error symbol. I never had these issues while running Mathematica on my Windows XP computer at work. On startup, the palette window would pop up -- which runs in pure-text mode on my Linux -- and I'd be using typeset expressions from then on, no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.