Re: Integration of UnitStep has bugs!? help!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51595] Re: Integration of UnitStep has bugs!? help!
- From: Karl_boehme_9 at msn.com (Klaus G)
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:53:54 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"news" <symbio at s.dn.com> wrote in message news:<clcnlr$q41$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Can anyone explain why Integrate does not work propery with UnitStep > function? When you integrate from -inf to inf you get one answer, but when > you split it to two sections (from -inf to 0, and then from 0 to +inf) you > get a different answer. Which is correct? And why is Mathematica version 5 > has not fixed this problem yet? See below. > > In:= > \!\(\(x[t_] = \((3 Exp[\(\(-1\)\/2\) t] UnitStep[t])\) + > DiracDelta[t + 3];\)\[IndentingNewLine] > \(h[t_] = UnitStep[t] - UnitStep[t - 2];\)\[IndentingNewLine] > \(eq1 = > Integrate[ > [.................] Please use ASCII code. I cannot read that. Klaus G.