Re: Bug in Graphics Text under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51631] Re: Bug in Graphics Text under Linux
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:42:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

your X11 can not rotate trxt by an arbitary degree, because X11 does a
bitmap reperesetation of the letters in the font and it can not rotate the

You can export the PostScript version of the graphics, let GhostScript
render a
bitmap version and import this bitmap.

and you can (and this seems to be the best solution) join the X11 developer
and enhance X11 to render outline fonts.

news:clnesl$od1$1 at