Re: Another bizarre phenomenon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51625] Re: [mg51598] Another bizarre phenomenon
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:42:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Don't use (* comments *). They're not worth all the problems they engender.

It's better to modularize the code so that it's self-explanatory and, when that's impossible, precede a Module with a text cell that describes the processing.

If you really want comments inside a Module, Block, or other compound statement, put them in quotes and delimit them with semicolons, like this:

Block[{a, b},
  "I'm gonna add a and b"; a+b
]

The "comment" is an expression like any other, but it doesn't do anything.

This approach may have speed and memory consequences (possibly), but they will be very slight.

Bobby

DrBob at bigfoot.com
www.eclecticdreams.net