Hypergeometric functions and Sum error in 5.01?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51678] Hypergeometric functions and Sum error in 5.01?
- From: "Richard Ollerton" <R.Ollerton at uws.edu.au>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:38:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica 5.01 produces the following:
Out= Gamma[1+n] Hypergeometric2F1[1,m-n,-n,2] / (Gamma[1+m] Gamma[1-m+n])
Out compares Mathematica's closed form with actual values. There appears to be an error in the rules used by Sum when simplifying this expression.
r.ollerton at uws.edu.au
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Matrix Problem
Previous by thread:
Re: Graphics question
Next by thread:
Re: Hypergeometric functions and Sum error in 5.01?