Re: Precisio in ListContourPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51694] Re: [mg51622] Precisio in ListContourPlot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You can use the ColorFunctionScaling option (under Graphic and
Sound/Advanced Options in Help). You have to supply an appropriate color
function to go with it. Then different plots will have the same colors even
if they are made over different value ranges.

The DrawGraphics package at my web site has a DrawLineLabels routine that
can be used to label contour plots. It allows the format and precision of
the values to be specified. There is an example in the DrawGraphics Help.

David Park
djmp at

From: MaxAO [mailto:maxao at]
To: mathgroup at

the comparison of two 'ListContourPlot' shows different colors at the same
contourlines. So the comparison of equal contourlevels are difficult.

Though I defined a generell range for 'Contours' and a generell colorrange
'ContourStyle'. Now I get the same colors for the same contourlines - this
But the labels - made by 'LabelContourLines[ListContourPlot[...]]' (see
'Mathematica Graphics', Tom Wickham-Jones) are shown only with one digit
instead of 0.125, 0.25, 0.375, ... I get 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, ...).

Is there any reason to cut the contoursteps (defined with three digits) so I
get contoursteps with only one digit?!

Is there any possibility to define the 'Precision' in 'ListContourPlot[...]'
If so please send me a mail (maxao at

Thank you very much,