Re: Precisio in ListContourPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51694] Re: [mg51622] Precisio in ListContourPlot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Martin,

You can use the ColorFunctionScaling option (under Graphic and
Sound/Advanced Options in Help). You have to supply an appropriate color
function to go with it. Then different plots will have the same colors even
if they are made over different value ranges.

The DrawGraphics package at my web site has a DrawLineLabels routine that
can be used to label contour plots. It allows the format and precision of
the values to be specified. There is an example in the DrawGraphics Help.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: MaxAO [mailto:maxao at aol.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,
the comparison of two 'ListContourPlot' shows different colors at the same
contourlines. So the comparison of equal contourlevels are difficult.

Though I defined a generell range for 'Contours' and a generell colorrange
for
'ContourStyle'. Now I get the same colors for the same contourlines - this
is
ok.
But the labels - made by 'LabelContourLines[ListContourPlot[...]]' (see
'Mathematica Graphics', Tom Wickham-Jones) are shown only with one digit
(e.g.
instead of 0.125, 0.25, 0.375, ... I get 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, ...).

Is there any reason to cut the contoursteps (defined with three digits) so I
get contoursteps with only one digit?!

Is there any possibility to define the 'Precision' in 'ListContourPlot[...]'
or
'LabelContourLines[...]'?
If so please send me a mail (maxao at aol.com).

Thank you very much,