Re: Memory Problems
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51742] Re: Memory Problems
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:17:04 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <200410280342.XAA09611@smc.vnet.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The short answer is that under a 64-bit operating system you can use as
much memory as you can physically put into the machine (minus something
for the operating system and Mathematica). In fact, because of paging,
you might even get a little more. The theoretical limit of 1.8*10^19
bytes will remain theoretical for a while yet!
However, before you follow that route, why not share a few more details
of your problem with us - there may be other solutions that use less
memory. For example, have you considered using SparseArray?
Prev by Date:
Re: Graphics question
Next by Date:
Re: gridlines styles.
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Memory Problems
Next by thread:
Nonlinear diff equation help