making contents and index

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg50405] making contents and index
  • From: "Florian Jaccard" <florian.jaccard at>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 04:34:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear group,

I just wrote a 250-page course using Mathematica.
I noticed the possibility of using "Author Tools" for making the table of
contents and the index.

I have the following problems:

1)  In the table of contents, there are no numbering of titles, subtitles,
etc.., and I don't manage to have them...

2)  In the table of contents and in the index, the page numbers written
don't correspond to the real page-numbers of the print-out version of the

If somebody has already encountered the problem and has found the solution,
I would be very thankful for any tips...