Re: ExpandAll Problem with Rules
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50462] Re: ExpandAll Problem with Rules
- From: drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat)
- Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 03:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
That is strange, but this avoids the problem:
ExpandAll /@ (a(b + c) -> d(e + f))
a b + a c -> d e + d f
"David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<ch982i$fgt$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> The ExpandAll Help says...
> ExpandAll[expr] expands out all products and integer powers in any part of expr.
> The following works...
> a(b + c) == d(e + f) // ExpandAll
> a b + a c == d e + d f
> The following appears to work, but gives a strange error message.
> a(b + c) -> d(e + f) // ExpandAll
> General::argt: ExpandAll called with 0 arguments; 1 or 2 arguments are \
> a b + a c -> d e + d f
> David Park
> djmp at earthlink.net
Prev by Date:
Re: 5 variables Guass isnt working, matrix solution
Next by Date:
HoldPattern & Pattern Matching
Previous by thread:
Re: RE: ExpandAll Problem with Rules
Next by thread:
Parallel Toolkit Example