Re: expresion with variables from a list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50484] Re: [mg50479] expresion with variables from a list
  • From: "Tun Myint Aung" <g0202015 at nus.edu.sg>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 05:43:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi
	You should define your function first,

 f = ........

Then

 f@@list1
 f@@list2

With Regards,

Tun Myint Aung

-----Original Message-----
From: wouter [mailto:woutertjuh at hotmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg50484] [mg50479] expresion with variables from a list

hello, I have what is probably a very easy question. I want to define an
expression which has as as variables the elements of some previously
defined list. like for example, if you have lists: list1 = {a, b} and
list2 ={a, b, c} then I want to define an expression that can evaluate
both the variables in list one and in list two that is: f[list_] := ...,
which evaluates f[list1] = f[a_, b_] and f[list2] = f[x_,y_,z_].

this must be pausible in some way, not?

thanx