Forcing a Derivative
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50753] Forcing a Derivative
- From: "Scott Guthery" <sguthery at mobile-mind.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:56:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How does one force Derivative[n] to actually take the derivative?
For example if ...
f[x_] = x^2 + 7
g[x_]=3x^3 + 23
Derivative[f * g]
just puts a couple of primes on the product rather than actually computing the dervative.
Thanks for any insight.
Prev by Date:
Newbie Plot Question
Next by Date:
M. v5.0: Format Size Problem
Previous by thread:
Re: Newbie Plot Question
Next by thread:
Re: Forcing a Derivative