Bilinear Transforms

Hi everyone,

I have an warped FIR filter with order around 1400 - however to unwarp
this filter configuration for use on my data I need to apply the
bilinear transform:

u' ->  (z^-1 - lambda)/(1-lambda*z^-1)

So essentially each unit delay becomes an all-pass element.
I've substituted in the transform into a transfer function expression
for my filter, and now I want to get the transfer function back into the
normal form of a fraction of polynomials of z.

I've tried Together[] and Simplify[] without much success. Has anyone
accomplished something similar - any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers and thanks,

Chris.