- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50755] Bilinear Transforms
- From: Chris Williams <chrisw at tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:56:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi everyone, I have an warped FIR filter with order around 1400 - however to unwarp this filter configuration for use on my data I need to apply the bilinear transform: u' -> (z^-1 - lambda)/(1-lambda*z^-1) So essentially each unit delay becomes an all-pass element. I've substituted in the transform into a transfer function expression for my filter, and now I want to get the transfer function back into the normal form of a fraction of polynomials of z. I've tried Together and Simplify without much success. Has anyone accomplished something similar - any help would be greatly appreciated ;) Cheers and thanks, Chris.