Expanding a Square Root

Hi All,

I should point out that I use Mathematica 4.0 infrequently, thus I may be
missing the obvious.  My problem is as follows:

In the following I use the square root sign from the palette for SQRT
Expand[(44+9*SQRT(23))^2]  yields
3799 + 792*SQRT(23)

I now wish to take the square root of  3799 + 792*SQRT(23) to return to my
original expression.  However

Expand[SQRT(3799 + 792*SQRT(23))] merely yields

[SQRT(3799 + 792*SQRT(23))]

What is the proper command to make SQRT(3799 + 792*SQRT(23)) yield
44+9*SQRT(23)

Best wishes, Jim