Re: Plot Question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg50846] Re: Plot Question
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 06:48:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Thank you David.  I think PiScale was the word I was looking for.  Like
Murray, I also can't find it in my help system.  So, this was most likely
what I was looking for. that I know what word to look for, I searched the newsgroups
archives and found that PiScale was mentioned as "undocumented" as far back
as 1996.  So, it's apparently not likely for the next version either. :>)

Appears to me that PiScale can not divide any lower than Pi/2.  I can make
five ticks between 0 & 2 Pi (inclusive)

PiScale[0, 2*Pi, 5]

{0., 0},

{1.57, Pi/2},

{3.14, Pi},

{4.71, (3*Pi)/2},

{6.28, 2*Pi}}

But it won't go any lower...

PiScale[0, 2*Pi, 9]

PiScale[0, 2*Pi, 8]

Out:  (same 5 output as above)

Thank you very much for your help.  There's nothing wrong with making a "Pi
Scale" manually, but I hope that a nice version of PiScale gets moved to the
Kernel in the next version.