Re: wavelet transform

In article <cjas1u$nob$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "paolo " <tarpanelli at libero.it>
wrote:

> Can anyone suggest me a nice web link where I can find an useful wavelet
> transform tutorial for Mathematica packages that explain step by step how the
> wavelet is built.
> I found many tutorials in Mathematica but all very complex and often useless
> because they did not explain step by step  the wavelet processing.

Perhaps Wavelets.nb at

  http://physics.uwa.edu.au/pub/Wavelets/

may be of interest. There is a definite attempt to explain step by step
how wavelets are constructed. At this URL there are exams and solutions
for the courses I gave in 1994, 1997, and 1998. There are also notes on
Lifting and a paper on factorization of the wavelet transform via
lifting.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul