Partial derivation with regards to variables in a list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50981] Partial derivation with regards to variables in a list
  • From: Christopher grinde <christopher.grinde at hive.no>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:52:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello.

I need to find the partial derivative with regards to variables in a list.

The straight forward syntax would be
D[f[a,b,c,d,e,],a,b,c,d,e]

My problem is that I don't know the variables up front of finding the
derivative.

I've tried Apply[], but as I am quite new to Mathematica, I haven't been
able to use Apply[] with functions with more than one argument.

Please advice.

--
Christopher Grinde