Re: Need to be able to diff 2 pieces of text.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55639] Re: Need to be able to diff 2 pieces of text.
- From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at sdc.cox.net>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 05:36:10 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at sdc.cox.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Luc If you are using Mathematica 5.1> look into the ClusterAnalysis. Particularly the EditDistance[s1,s2]. I think this is the Levenstein Function. I have not used EditDistance in Mathematica (don't even know if it takes options) but the Levenstein Function works well for small amount of text. I think the new Combinatorica package contains a Longest Common Substring function. So I would look there also. Hans "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com> wrote in message news:d2g6hg$f8q$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Anyone got a text diff engine under Mathematica? I will need to run it > under webMathematica to show differences to users. > Author tools has a notebook difference, but I have not figured out the > details of how it works. > > Thanks for the MD5 answers by the way, it worked perfectly! > > Luc. >