Re: Need to be able to diff 2 pieces of text.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55791] Re: [mg55628] Need to be able to diff 2 pieces of text.
- From: "Dale R. Horton" <daleh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 03:11:29 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200503310625.BAA15236@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
AuthorTools also has a tool for finding the differences between 2 lists. <<AuthorTools` lines1 = ReadList["file1.txt", Record]; lines2 = ReadList["file2.txt", Record]; DiffReport[lines1, lines2] -Dale On Mar 31, 2005, at 12:25 AM, Barthelet, Luc wrote: > Anyone got a text diff engine under Mathematica? I will need to run it > under webMathematica to show differences to users. > Author tools has a notebook difference, but I have not figured out the > details of how it works. > > Thanks for the MD5 answers by the way, it worked perfectly! > > Luc. >