NSolve an equation involving NIntegrate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55699] NSolve an equation involving NIntegrate
  • From: "isolanoster at gmail.com" <isolanoster at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 05:51:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I need to numerically solve an equation involving an integral. I'm
currently doing the following:

NSolve[NIntegrate[ f[s, x] , {s, 1, 10}] == 0, x ]  (*)

where f[s, x] is a function that can be only be numerically integrated
with respect to s.

The problem with (*) is that NSolve does not pass the numerical value
of x to NIntegrate. What is the best way to solve the problem?

Thank you!

David