NSolve an equation involving NIntegrate

Hi all,

I need to numerically solve an equation involving an integral. I'm
currently doing the following:

NSolve[NIntegrate[ f[s, x] , {s, 1, 10}] == 0, x ]  (*)

where f[s, x] is a function that can be only be numerically integrated
with respect to s.

The problem with (*) is that NSolve does not pass the numerical value
of x to NIntegrate. What is the best way to solve the problem?

Thank you!

David