Re: Transpose to multiple lists

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55808] Re: Transpose to multiple lists
  • From: "Valeri Astanoff" <astanoff at>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 04:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You posted the solution "Flatten[ (i = 1; {i++, #} & /@ #) & /@ t , 1]

It works indeed, but let me quote one of mathematica community's gurus

"Because mathematica provides procedural programming constructs,
a programmer with a traditional background is likely to fall into
the trap of programming the same way he always has. Unfortunately,
the best way of doing something is almost never the procedural way"

David B.Wagner - Power programming with mathematica