  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55870] Miscellaneous'WorldPlot'
  • From: "Hanka Lakomá" <hana.lakoma at>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:36:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Group,
I try to get a map in stereographic projection in transverse position (the centre of the map is point 0°latitude, 0°longitude).
I have cartographic equations of this projection in wanted position. So I put them to WorldProjection:

WorldPlot [Europe,

and I get from Mathematica 4.2:
WorldGraphics::"badproj" :
The projection function {....,...} did not return a valid coordinate...
If I change Europe for another possible continent or state it gives the same type of error...
If I change WorldRange for another possible it gives the same type of error...
Is a problem in projection function and Why? I know from cartography textbooks that equations are correct...
Any help would be appreciated.