Re: Op-codes in CompiledFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55849] Re: Op-codes in CompiledFunction
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at imtek.uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:36:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ciao Stefano,

how are you?

> Are the op-codes used in CompiledFunction documented?

not that i know.

> The reason I ask is that I'm trying to debug a compiled function that
> generates the message CompiledFunction::cfn "Numerical error encountered
> at instruction 23; proceeding with uncompiled evaluation".
>
> Looking inside CompiledFunction, I see that instruction 23 corresponds
> to {24, 4, 3, 4}, but I have no idea to what it actually means.

try looking at:

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/555/

and read the *.m file. that _might_ help you. this an old package, but
still you may get an idea of what is happening. i think the reason why
this is undocumented is that WRI would like to maintain the ability to
change the internal code as they deem necessary.

i am sure you know:

http://www.verbeia.com/mathematica/tips/Tricks.html

or this is another small source of information:

http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/MainBook/2.5.15.html

i do not know how close mathematica is to the wizard book, but it is
worth a try:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-35.html#%_sec_5.5

hope that helps,
regards from freiburg,