Re: Op-codes in CompiledFunction

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55849] Re: Op-codes in CompiledFunction
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:36:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Ciao Stefano,

how are you?

> Are the op-codes used in CompiledFunction documented?

not that i know.

> The reason I ask is that I'm trying to debug a compiled function that
> generates the message CompiledFunction::cfn "Numerical error encountered
> at instruction 23; proceeding with uncompiled evaluation".
> Looking inside CompiledFunction, I see that instruction 23 corresponds
> to {24, 4, 3, 4}, but I have no idea to what it actually means.

try looking at:

and read the *.m file. that _might_ help you. this an old package, but
still you may get an idea of what is happening. i think the reason why
this is undocumented is that WRI would like to maintain the ability to
change the internal code as they deem necessary.

i am sure you know:

or this is another small source of information:

i do not know how close mathematica is to the wizard book, but it is
worth a try:

hope that helps,
regards from freiburg,

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at>