cannot evaluate in HelpBrowser (Win XP)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55926] cannot evaluate in HelpBrowser (Win XP)
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 06:55:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

For Mathematica 5.1.1 under Windows XP Pro (SP2):

I still cannot evaluate (or change) any expression or cell in a
HelpBrowser window, whether from a cell in The Mathematica Book or in
the help for a 3rd party add-on of a kind I used to be able to evaluate
and edit.

This is after completely uninstalling and reinstaling Mathematica --
and, of course, starting Mathematica with clean caches.

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305