Set working directory? Read polynomial from text file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55957] Set working directory? Read polynomial from text file?
- From: "xxxxyz at abv.bg" <xxxxyz at abv.bg>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I have two questions: 1. How can I set working directory that when I restart Mathematica the wotking directory is that I set previous time? I use SetDirectory["dir"] but when I restart Mathematica the working directory is the original "C:\Program file...". 2. I have a text file with polynomials in form as follows: x^n+x^(n-1)+...x+1 (one polynomial per row). How can I read from this file and Mathematica understand the value it reads as polynomial? I do this: streamR=Openfile["file"];poly=Read[streamR,String], but "poly" is String at the end and I can't use functions CoefficientList, Expand etc. Thanks.