Re: Set working directory? Read polynomial from text file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55991] Re: Set working directory? Read polynomial from text file?
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at arcor.de>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:10:17 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
xxxxyz at abv.bg wrote: > Hi, > > I have two questions: > > 1. How can I set working directory that when I restart Mathematica the > wotking directory is that I set previous time? I use > SetDirectory["dir"] but when I restart Mathematica the working > directory is the original "C:\Program file...". > > 2. I have a text file with polynomials in form as follows: > x^n+x^(n-1)+...x+1 (one polynomial per row). How can I read from this > file and Mathematica understand the value it reads as polynomial? I do > this: streamR=Openfile["file"];poly=Read[streamR,String], but "poly" is > String at the end and I can't use functions CoefficientList, Expand > etc. > > Thanks. > 1. If you want to set the same directory, every time you start Mathematica, put the appropriate SetDirectory call into your Configuration\Kernel\init.m. 2. Which Version of Mathematica do you have? I'll try with OpenRead instead: In:= streamR=OpenRead["poly.txt"]; poly=ToExpression@Read[streamR,String]; Close[streamR]; poly D[poly,x] Out= -1 + x + x^3 Out= 1 + 3*x^2 -- Peter Pein Berlin