local symbols inside Module

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55950] local symbols inside Module
  • From: OT <montoz at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi all, I have some problems in working with local variables inside
Module: I wrote this function:

The function works, but has a big limitation: the elements of the list
coeffs are not local symbols!

Since the elements of the list coeffs are not local variables, if I run
my function when I have already initialized a symbol like c3=Pi, say, I
get an error because mathematica tries to execute
Solve[eqns,{c1,c2,Pi,c4,...,cd}] since c3 has been already initialized
as a number.

So, my question is: how can I initialize a local list of symbols
{c1,} inside a Module, when d is an argument supplied to the Module

Thanks for every answer!