Re: Mathematica graphs in WORD

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55956] Re: [mg55947] Mathematica graphs in WORD
  • From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at materials-sciences.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:26:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Copy as" metafile works pretty good. Curves get a bit ragged, I guess
because metafile's don't store enough digits. You can also get in
trouble with fonts if you move to a different machine. Better is to
Export (kernal function)  to EPS and import into word. Downside is that
you cannot see the graphic on the screen (there's a placeholder), but
the print resolution is perfect. There are some threads on exporting the
fonts. You can also Export to various bit-map file types to whatever
resolution looks smooth enough. Then you can also see the graphic, but
at the cost of maybe a big file size.
Gerry