Re: Mathematica graphs in WORD

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56067] Re: Mathematica graphs in WORD
  • From: Mike <m.HoneychurcNOSPAMh at uq.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:56:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 11/4/05 5:20 PM, in article d3d8fq$98b$1 at smc.vnet.net, "tsokos at acs.gr"
<tsokos at acs.gr> wrote:

> I have a very elementary question to
> which I would appreciate help from
> someone. I use Mathematica 5.0 for the
> Macintosh (OSX). How do you copy a graph
> from Mathematica into a WORD document so
> that when you print it the graph is
> smooth rather jagged?

On OS X I Export graphs as TIFF images normally with ImageResolution->300 or
higher and import them into Word.

Something else you may like to try is to "export" your graph as a PDF image.
I copied this displayfunction from a posting to mathgroup a few months ago.

DisplayFunction -> (Display["!epstopdf -f
-o=/Users/mikeh/Desktop/filename.pdf", #1, "EPS", ImageSize -> 288] &)

It is not as simple as just including the display function because you need
to include the programs such as epstopdf in your path. The original post had
all the instructions and it worked perfectly to produce PDF image which
could then be imported. Unfortunately I just searched the Mathgroup archive
(keyword epstopdf) but couldn't find the posting. If you have the time it is
worth finding.

You may also want to try this suggestion which works well on OS X.

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2004/Apr/msg00250.html

Mike