Mathematica 4.0 can't run under XP.

I transferred my Mathematica 4.0 from computer A (running under Windows 98)
which recently gave up the ghost to computer B (running under Windows XP).

The installation proceeded w/o a hitch but I can't seem to be able to enter
anything, the Mathematica screen remains blank.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Incompatibility with XP?

Thanks