Mathematica 4.0 can't run under XP.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56075] Mathematica 4.0 can't run under XP.
  • From: " Thomson & Thompson" <unavailable at this.time>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I transferred my Mathematica 4.0 from computer A (running under Windows 98)
which recently gave up the ghost to computer B (running under Windows XP).

The installation proceeded w/o a hitch but I can't seem to be able to enter
anything, the Mathematica screen remains blank.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Incompatibility with XP?

Thanks