Problem with importing hdf5 file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56078] Problem with importing hdf5 file
  • From: Ted Sariyski <tsariysk at craft-tech.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 04:47:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have problems to understand how to use hdf5 files with Mathematica
5.1.1. I am able to read the first record of a file with

Import["my.h5","HDF5"],

but

Import["my.h5","DatasetSelection" -> Information]

returns "Unknown option DatasetSelection ..."

Is there a document or even better - examples  how to extract groups,
attributes, datasets etc.  in Mathematica?

Thanks, Ted