Re: Legendre Polynomials

In evaluating Legendre (and other) polynomials and polynomial sums for
large orders or arguments with an earlier version of Mathematica (maybe
3 or 4?) I encountered what I took to be round-off errors when using
real arguments, which disappeared when I limited myself to integer or
rational arguments.

If I wanted to evaluate one of these functions for an argument of 1.001,
I used 1001/1000 as the argument and the obvious errors went away.