How can I get a nonscalar logical variable into a compiled function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56172] How can I get a nonscalar logical variable into a compiled function?
  • From: barrowes at alum.mit.edu
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:07:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I can't seem to figure out how to get a nonscalar logical variable into
a compiled function.

I can get a nonscalar variable of other kinds into compiled function or
a scalar True or False into a compiled function.

For example the following two things work:

fun1=Compile[{{x,_Real,2}}
Print[x];
];

fun2=Compile[{{x,True|False}}
Print[x];
];

but how can I specify a two-dimensional input variable into the second
case?
fun2=Compile[{{x,True|False,1}}
Print[x];
];
doesn't work. It returns:
gg = {False, True, True, True, True, True, True}
fun2[gg]
CompiledFunction::cfsa: Argument {False, True, True, True, True, True,
True} \
at position 1 should be a True or False.

Can only scalar logical variables be input into compiled functions? Am
I missing something?

Thanks,
Ben