- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56204] assigning functions
- From: juejung <juejung at indiana.edu>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 04:55:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i would like to do the following.
assign a function:
f[x_] := x^2;
take its derivate:
and assign the result of this to a new function, like fprime[x]:
fprime[x_] := D[f[x], x]
unfortunately that doesn't work.
when i try to evaluate fprime i get an error message.
can somebody please help, this haunts me for a while now.
thanks and all the best
Prev by Date:
match 1, replace 2
Next by Date:
Re: Integrate is driving me crazy, please help!
Previous by thread:
Re: match 1, replace 2
Next by thread:
Re: assigning functions