Exact Symbolic Notation

Dear Group,
 It is a pleasure talk to you all again.
 My plain question is:
I want to use some "exact" notation with Mathematica. For instance,
I want to use variables like " p' " instead of "pline" (or something like that).
Also I want to use P2 (with the 2 underlined). The last option works in some
calculations but not in all of them (Why?).
Finally I want to define f1[x] as a function with the 1 underlined(Why
is not working?).

Any enlightment on these subject are very welcome.
              Thanks,
                     Alex