Re: Guide to get tex-stuff working in Suse 9.2

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg56346] Re: Guide to get tex-stuff working in Suse 9.2
  • From: Detlef Müller <dmueller at>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:23:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
> Hi,
> a) switch to the newer and better 4.2 Mathematica
> fonts

I replaced my so far installed local texmf by the files under
(and hope this is the correct adress).

> b) you *must* include the (for dvips)
> or the
> (for pdftex) in the corresponing
>    configuration files. The 4.1 fonts have no
>    map file and you can't use the fonts with
> pdflatex
Mh, now dvips runs without complaining, the result
is visible. Xdvi walks too, a success.

pdflatex gives tons of messages of the kind

"Warning: pdflatex (file /var/lib/texmf/dvips/config/
invalid entry for `ptmro8r': SlantFont/ExtendFont can be used only with
embedded T1 fonts
"Warning: pdflatex (file /var/lib/texmf/dvips/config/
invalid entry
  for `pagko8r': font file missing"

It seems, that I have to update /var/lib/texmf/dvips/config/
somehow ...

> Regards
>   Jens
Thank you for the hint.
>>and, viewing the result, it seems, that there is
>>no pagebreak
>>inside a cell.

About this I'm still worried.

Meanwhile I have the feeling to do realy dirty tricks, mixing the
4.1 and 4.2 - Versions ...

For example I added (following some hint found in the net) the line

" \def\IndentingNewLine{}"

in the notebook2e.sty - file (this was simply not defined and
caused an error)

So far ...