Re: symbolic matrix calculation doesn't work

Jack wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am new to Mathematica and I can't seem to get mathematica to
> multiply symbolic matrices. Can anyone please help? The notebook file
> is at http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~xpeng/question/
>    Thank you so much. Please reply to xpeng at eecs.berkeley.edu.
>
> Jack

Hi Jack,

there are "issues" with MatrixForm[], despite the documentation
("MatrixForm acts as a =93wrapper=94, which affects printing, but not
evaluation.").

Instead of T=-({{1, 1}, {1, 1}}/(2*u))//MatrixForm, you should type
( T=-({{1, 1}, {1, 1}}/(2*u)) )//MatrixForm
--
Peter Pein
Berlin