Re: compiling the python mathlink module on python 2.3+
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56622] Re: compiling the python mathlink module on python 2.3+
- From: "jelle" <jelleferinga at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:27:59 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Actually Mitch, I was to hear some suggestions coming from this group as well... I've posted this problem before, but alas, no response what so ever... the interface to python looks well developed, and i'm very eager to use it, though compiling is easy, but doesnt result in a workable module. I hardly have any experience compiling extensions, and do not have the feeling the developers of the module are catching up with this list too often... So, no, i have no idea what we could do with it... which is a real pity! i have to bring up the fact that python 2.4 is compiled with the free MS compiler, and 2.2 isnt. That might be an issue with your compiling trouble. The error message isnt too informative either: >>> import mathlink Fatal Python error: Error initializing mathlink extension module This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. So support team? Any ideas? Cheers, Jelle.