Re: Solving matrix equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59441] Re: Solving matrix equations
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:55:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you can't solve this without future assumptions
because in you P-matrix are m x m unkowns
but you have only m-equations

v[n]==v[0].P^n

and so yo miss m^2-m equations and this seems a
bit too
mutch.

Regards
  Jens

"Ramier" <wissam2 at online.fr> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dd9nas$j1h$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi everyone,
|
| I've got some linear equations to solve and I
don't really know how to
| do it
| Is it possible to solve such an equation with
Mathematica :

| v_n=v_0.P^n
|
| where v_n and v_0 are two vectors of
m-components and P is a mxm matrix
| (in the problem i'm studying, m is about 100). I
know v_n,v_0 and n and
| i wanna get P.
|
| I would be also interested to find n, knowing P.
|
| I looked at the functions LinearSolve and
LinearSolveFunction but I
| didn't really worked out the thing. And I'm not
really skilled with