Re: GoTo between different cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59440] Re: GoTo between different cell
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:55:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you can make a *.m file with all your
spagetti-code, enclose it into
a Block[] and obfuscate you code with Goto[] and
Label[].

You have to use a ASCII editor to edit the *.m
file and the coloring
problem is the Problem of your favorite
ASCII-editor.

BTW the common way to programm in a functional
language like
Mathematica is to make many many very short
functions, every
single one easy to debug and to test, not longer
than 15--20 lines.

Have fun with your Goto-enhanced spagetti-code
 & Regards
Jens

"Ramiro dell'Erba" <dellerba at casaccia.enea.it>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dd9ngj$j2h$1 at smc.vnet.net...

| Dear Mathematica Gurus,
| I have the following problem: working with
repetitive operations I often
| use the Do expression. Unfortunately the number
of lines inside the Do are
| growing (page and page) giving me a lot of
notebook troubles (If I use
| different colour and font the cell stop to
work!) and difficulties to
| follow the procedure in debugging phase (I need
a lot of flags to check if
| all is going good).
| Therefore, also if it seems a quite prehistoric
idea, I want to break my
| computation in many cells and to back N times to
a certain cell to evaluate
| them, something like the GoTo function but
between different cell (perhaps
| tagged).
| I know that sounds quite old but it is what I
need.
| Thank you in advance to everybody.
| Ramiro
|

| PhD. Ramiro dell'Erba,
| Lab address:  ENEA  CR Casaccia
| ENEA - Nuclear Fusion Division, Robotic Section
| Edificio F65  Via Anguillarese 301, Roma 00060
Italy
| Sacco Postale 088
| Tel. 0039-06-30486128
| Fax 0039-06-30486038
| E-mail: dellerba at casaccia.enea.it
| Home address: Parco Comola Ricci, 39  Napoli
80122  Italy