Combining a ListDensityPlot that uses a userdefined color function with a graphics 'looses' the userdefined colorfunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59683] Combining a ListDensityPlot that uses a userdefined color function with a graphics 'looses' the userdefined colorfunction
  • From: hopeandjoyandpeace at hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:00:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Combining a ListDensityPlot that uses a userdefined color function with
a graphics 'looses' the userdefined colorfunction

for example

myArray=Table[Sin[x*y],{x,1,40},{y,1,40}]//N;
Max[myArray]
ListDensityPlot[myArray,Mesh-> False]

Show[ListDensityPlot[myArray,Mesh->False,ColorFunction->GrayLevel,ColorFunctionScaling->False],Graphics[{Blue,Thickness[0.01],Line[{{10,10},{20,20}}]}]]

Gives three density graphics but only one of them appears to uses the
colorfunction of GrayLevel.

We have version 5.1
How can I combine the image resulting when I define my own
colorFunction with another graphics without the image changing the way
it appears?

Chris
ABCC Regina