Re: Re: N-dimensional rotations

Farhat Habib wrote:

>Pratik Desai wrote:
>

>>Farhat Habib wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Is there any Mathematica package to compute N-dimensional rotational
>>>matrices? I was planning to write code for it but am just wondering if I
>>>am reinventing the wheel.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>-F
>>>

>>Have you looked at  the package <<Geometry`Rotations`
>>

>Yeah, I did. It seems from the look of it that it only handles 2 or 3
>dimensional rotations.
>
>-F

I may be wrong about this, and you must realize that I am just a poor
engineer :) but you can generate any kind of rotations using the Eulers
theoram (the tacit idea being using the three *unique* Euler Angles to
define several rotations and use different permutations of them to get
your desired rotations )

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EulerAngles.html

Then again, I may be way over my head.

Maybe you can look at  Quaternions (I actually have infintessimal idea
of how this works). Perhaps the physcists on the forum can elighten us.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternions_and_spatial_rotation

In mathematica it can be implimented using the package
<<Algebra`Quaternions`

Another good resourse might be David Parks website

http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/Mathematica.html

Where he has some packages that might be useful to you

Hope this helps or makes any sense

Pratik Desai

--
Pratik Desai