Keyboard problems - no "dead keys" - in Linux version of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60012] Keyboard problems - no "dead keys" - in Linux version of Mathematica
  • From: Wishmaster (r) <wishmaster at provedor.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:07:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I use Mathematica 5.0 in Linux.
But I have a problem:

 I can't use accent characters like 'à', 'á', 'é'. Normally I insert them using '´' and 'a' (the ´ can be seen as a "dead key"). But in Mathematica when I type this sequence I get only "´a".
 In other programs (Firefox, OpenOffice, etc...) the keyboard works right, therefore it is not a X server configuration problem.

 Any hints?

Thanks!